MA Mopar Business Cards

Got a suggestion? We want to hear it!
MOPAR_AMC_FAN

Re: MA Mopar Business Cards

Postby MOPAR_AMC_FAN » Wed May 15, 2013 6:01 pm

From what I remember, it wan't called a car club for a couple reasons. First, because a car club infers that there will be club dues which we didn't have. It was more of just a place on the web to hang out. A club also suggests we'd need a President, VP, treasurer, etc. I know we don't really need any of them at this point, but if we started doing a lot of things as a group, things start to cost money, so then all of the above would start to apply. Some people think that in a club, they're a small voice whereas everyone is pretty much the same on a website (although, we all know some people think they're better than everyone else on some websites. Totally don't mean here, but maybe some...ahem...other websites. ;) ).

Personally, I have no issue calling it a car club. I'm in many other clubs and I like them. I'd hang here (or in person) if it was called an internet group or a car club. I just wanted to throw it out there just in case. Sorry if I caused any waves. :( It's all good! :D

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:10 pm

I don't think it matters either way at the moment. We're trying to get things back on track.

I'm in a model car club and there are no dues. There are costs though, so we have to raise money somewhere.

I don't hang at those big sites because some people seem to take things too seriously. Let's just all try to keep it loose here and have some fun!
Last edited by 68383 on Thu May 16, 2013 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Speeling mistakes do to iPhone.

MOPAR_AMC_FAN

Postby MOPAR_AMC_FAN » Thu May 16, 2013 8:17 am

" Let's just all try to keep it loose here and have some fun!"

Agreed! :)

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Thu May 16, 2013 12:00 pm

I am of the opinion that calling a group a car club doesn't imply any type of governing body necessary, nor does it require dues or anything like that, just like Dave's model club.

There are costs for running the site as well, but charging a fee for use of the site/membership in the "club" is not necessary. I want it to be free to be a part of this club.

No waves were caused, I wanted to have these discussions since I make no claims that I was very familiar with the way Ted wanted to run things. As long as we keep the place going, I think we're keeping his ideas intact. Everything else is just fluff, so I'm with you guys on the "keeping it loose!"
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Thu May 16, 2013 2:18 pm

i think we need a meeting on this just to sit down and talk and draw out a few pictures that we are all thinking about

ricks_RR

Return to “Suggestion Box”