Raise the dead

Got a suggestion? We want to hear it!
ricks_RR

Re: Raise the dead

Postby ricks_RR » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:40 am

well winter is coming so get that rear main seal fixed and next year will be fun.i know how it is with a family I have three kids and they do come first but sometimes you need a day to yourself .when I get behind the wheel of the runner and after a few miles my world gets better knowing that I can have a little fun for a moment.here is a great story brent your grandson in his runner stopping by the house because the grandson loved the runner so much brent would drive him in the car so he would go to sleep and brent with a smile on his face driving the car with the grandson in the car seat.
now that's quality time.

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Good story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Speeling mistakes do to iPhone.

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:33 pm

there is many more because of this hobby and great people with a lots of knowledge about these cars . as you seat and listen to there story's at the shows you wonder how they can remember so much about these cars that in the day who owned them and drag racing around town those are the story's that are awesome .

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:56 pm

wannarunner wrote:Welcome Brent, the site has slowed down a lot since MassMopar was first launched, hopefully this will change. To keep you from getting frustrated, I have a few suggestions. First off, most of the guys/gals here are awesome! there are a few though who are flat out SCUMBAGS! it will not be hard to spot these pieces of sh!t, you will hear these bags of garbage use the words: "Friends" "it's about Friendship" "we are Friends" anything with the words "friends" in it. You will also hear a lot about what they do for the "Shriners" these complete SCUMBAGS will use this as a "get out of jail free card" to deflect SCUMBAG behavior on there part, read between the lines and they won't be hard to spot, years of being parasites and leaches has now been painfully obvious. Some examples: there was this one time when the super leaches got on a car site talking about "it's nice to have friends" "so and so is a good friend" afterwards it was discovered this "good friend" was just being used to get a fender fixed and painted for free, said SCUMBAGS dropped contact a mere week and a half later, yeah, good friends my ass! you leaches. Said SCUMBAGS will take any part you have, a lot of times under the guise that they need the part, or its a donation/gift to help the "SHRINERS" most people being decent will gladly give the part, or offer the part at a reduced rate to help a person out, only SCUMBAGS were going a few towns over and selling the parts, not giving the parts away, which is how they got the parts in the first place, but I guess never being able to go to Carlisle due to a low paying job before becoming a PARASITE and selling the parts to fund the trips is OK, for SCUMBAGS, after all, its for the SHRINERS.

My intention of doing these rants is a HEADS UP to anyone wishing to read/heed these posts, take what you need, throw the rest away. I talked a lot with Ted about our RR's shortly before he died and what he was looking for out of MassMopar and I WILL NOT stand by and watch what he tried so hard to do with this group go down the tubes because of a couple of bags of sh!t. GOOD LUCK!

Not all that sure what you mean, but your post comes off as accusing someone from this group.

If that's not what you mean, I suggest you reevaluate your comments there.

I have met many of these individuals personally and I don't agree with your assessment.
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

Brent

Postby Brent » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Hey guys, I have had some great times in my Roadrunner and many more to come! I can honestly say my 7 year old grandson has logged many more miles in an old Plymouth than a lot of people who have owned their own for years. Great for him and us, bad for others. I love to drive my car, nothing better than just disappearing for a day looking in back yards, open garages and falling down barns! There are a lot of cool things hiding on the back roads of NH and VT and we all owe it to ourselves to ride around and look for them. So pack Up the family and start looking! The season isn't over yet I've put almost 100 miles on the car on Christmas Day.

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:44 pm

ok who is next with a good story about there car

moparmike

Postby moparmike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:38 pm

How about you Rick? Not sure I've heard the story about your car?
70 'Cuda|89 Shelby Daytona T-Top|63 Belvedere

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:02 pm

I wrote this in the members mopar two weeks ago so here is a pic of the day I bought the car

well i bought my car in 2006 out of the want ad book it was down in Rochester mass it was blue and primer .when i bought the car and signing the bill of sale he hands me the build sheet and fender tag plus a little history of where the car has been .as we were talking about the car he pointed out that it was a real white road runner so i did some history on white RR and found that it was not a popular color at that time .with that being said i still wanted to paint it flat black and have fun with it .as time would have it i saw a mopar ad about a white 69 A12 RR with a phone number so i called .the lady was the owner of Malcolm motors out of Ohio and she told me that her dealership sold a lot of road runners that year but only ever saw and sold one white RR
and that being the A12 .as we talked she convenience me that the car needs to be put back to her born on color .well as the car started to get the color i was not crazy about it BUT when the strips got put on the car thats when i new i did the right thing bringing her back to her true colors .i will post before and after pictures later.
Attachments
P1010579.jpg
P1010579.jpg (85.15 KiB) Viewed 102 times

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:02 pm

and here it is now
Attachments
0917161030a.jpg
0917161030a.jpg (106.63 KiB) Viewed 102 times

ricks_RR