Raise the dead

Got a suggestion? We want to hear it!
Brent

Re: Raise the dead

Postby Brent » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:53 pm

Hello everyone
I'm new to the site but not to the hobby. I know there isn't enough time in a day to get done what you NEED to, let alone do the things you'd like to do. I realize there is a car show or cruise night somewhere every night and weekend, but the problem with shows and cruises is that the cars are parked and that's not what this is about! Mopars were built and rebuilt to drive, I drive mine as often as I can that's why I built it. I also realize that a lot of you have restored your cars to far better condition than they ever left the factory, lets face it Chrysler quality control was not the top priority. These cars were put together from day one to be all out street brawlers not park in a field, if the GM loser working the gate lets you in. We as the Mopar faithful have always been on our own and that just adds to the allure for me. Unfortunately people in general have absolutely no respect for our cars, or anything or anybody else for that matter, making driving pristine restored cars completely nerve racking. My car is not pretty and it never will be, but it will always be driven! I don't attend a lot of cruise nights or shows and when I do my car is in the parking lot, but I ALWAYS bring it! I do really enjoy the Mopar only gatherings and the bond between fellow Mopar people. I also realize the time, commitment and money it takes to put one together. I'm all for helping out in anyway I can, but at the end of the day a lot of us just need to show up to support those of you who go the extra mile put one on. So I hope to see everybody out on the road before winter closes in!

MassMopar Moderator

Raise the dead

Postby 68383 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:54 pm

Welcome, Brent.

RE the whole thread-

Here's my story- my car sits in the garage with a leaky rear main seal. I travel pretty extensively for work, so down time is family time.

I had a local a guy on my street lined up to fix the seal in April, but he flaked on me. And I haven't made it a priority to find someone else to do the work.

It's not that I don't care about my Mopar. It's that I care more about my family than my car. And the family could care less about car-related stuff.

I did manage to drag the boys to Carlisle this year though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Speeling mistakes do to iPhone.

wannarunner

Postby wannarunner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:59 am

Welcome Brent, the site has slowed down a lot since MassMopar was first launched, hopefully this will change. To keep you from getting frustrated, I have a few suggestions. First off, most of the guys/gals here are awesome! there are a few though who are flat out SCUMBAGS! it will not be hard to spot these pieces of sh!t, you will hear these bags of garbage use the words: "Friends" "it's about Friendship" "we are Friends" anything with the words "friends" in it. You will also hear a lot about what they do for the "Shriners" these complete SCUMBAGS will use this as a "get out of jail free card" to deflect SCUMBAG behavior on there part, read between the lines and they won't be hard to spot, years of being parasites and leaches has now been painfully obvious. Some examples: there was this one time when the super leaches got on a car site talking about "it's nice to have friends" "so and so is a good friend" afterwards it was discovered this "good friend" was just being used to get a fender fixed and painted for free, said SCUMBAGS dropped contact a mere week and a half later, yeah, good friends my ass! you leaches. Said SCUMBAGS will take any part you have, a lot of times under the guise that they need the part, or its a donation/gift to help the "SHRINERS" most people being decent will gladly give the part, or offer the part at a reduced rate to help a person out, only SCUMBAGS were going a few towns over and selling the parts, not giving the parts away, which is how they got the parts in the first place, but I guess never being able to go to Carlisle due to a low paying job before becoming a PARASITE and selling the parts to fund the trips is OK, for SCUMBAGS, after all, its for the SHRINERS.

My intention of doing these rants is a HEADS UP to anyone wishing to read/heed these posts, take what you need, throw the rest away. I talked a lot with Ted about our RR's shortly before he died and what he was looking for out of MassMopar and I WILL NOT stand by and watch what he tried so hard to do with this group go down the tubes because of a couple of bags of sh!t. GOOD LUCK!

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:30 am

Wow- I must be way out of touch.

68383 / Dave

wannarunner

Postby wannarunner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:34 am

I'll fill you in, in person though. I will show you the websites with the aforementioned entries.......

dge467

Postby dge467 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Ooh, this don't sound good. :shock: Sorry to hear about that.

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:44 am

welcome brent
you do drive your car every where this is a great site for mopar lovers
wannarunner what ever anger you have you need to confront the people you have this problem with .I say this because of this hobby I have made a lot of friends and will always call them a friend so if you think someone calls someone a friend they are a scumbag well you need to rethink .
if ted was alive he would not let people talk on this site like you are calling people .
so what anger you have confront them and fix it so the anger can stop . this hobby is about building the cars and alone the way you meet people that become friends .
if I did not get into this hobby ( mopar ) I would not have meet you and ted and mike and brent and 68383 and harry and marty and dge467 the list is very long .

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:25 am

Well said, Rick.

68383 / Dave

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:06 am

hi dave
did you go to the mopar show in Enfield CT a few weeks ago I think the dealership name is ( Artiole )
if you go on the website they had a great turnout I wanted to go but two hours away and then come back home to go to pool was just alittle to much .but I do want to go next year and maybe we can all get there next year and have the club banner with us .

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:14 am

No, I didn't even know about it.

That would be cool. I need something to motivate me!

68383 / Dave

Return to “Suggestion Box”