Raise the dead

Got a suggestion? We want to hear it!
MassMopar Moderator

Raise the dead

Postby 68383 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:28 am

Hey, guys.

Happy New Year and all that. I realize we're a month in.

This place has been like a ghost town lately. Are we going to let it die on the vine, or breathe some life into it?

It would be cool to get some momentum in 2016 and get beyond the few random posts here and there and have more get togethers, cruises, etc. maybe that would motivate me to fix my rear main seal.

So post up some replies. Let's get this party started!

Speeling mistakes due two Siri.
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Speeling mistakes do to iPhone.

torredcuda

Re: Raise the dead

Postby torredcuda » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:25 am

I`ve tried to get things going here but like Ryan have kinda gave up. I stil want to get a Mopar show scheduled for this year but we need more than just 2-3 guys to make both the website and a show work and be succesfull. I realize we are all busy with life but it doesn`t take that much time/effort to post and when the season starts promote things at cruise nights and shows, if we don`t make a combined effort to do this we might as well let this place die and move on. I know I probably sound like I`m bitching again but I don`t mean it like that and just want to get together with a bunch of Mopar freaks!

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:35 am

Well, let's do something about it then.

68383 / Dave

bear

Postby bear » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:25 pm

I'm sorry guy's but everything I've said about the club whether it be MassMo or MightyMopars has fallen on deaf's ears . It "still" look's like a North Shore club . I had started putting the word out back when we were planning on doing the change over because I thought it would be deferent when we did do the change and it would be welcoming to everyone in New England . I had quite a few people interested in joining when we where going to MightyMopars , both on the south shore and RI . Some where down right excited about it . But between what some of the members have said and all the northern areas of the state being plastered across the top of the main page and nothing about down this way . The feed back that I got was that this is a north shore club and or why should I join if the members can't be bothered with anyone south of Boston . It's a shame too , because I had really hoped that when we went in this direction , this would have grown into something to be proud of .

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Maybe if the guys from the south shore join it wouldn`t be so much of a north shore club - DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH! I also had a lot of interest in the club but then none of them showed up for my Mopar party at the house and I haven`t heard from any of the since, people are a lot of talk I guess. I still think if we have enough of us getting the word out over the `net and flyers at shows we can gain interest this year and get it rolling, once we have enough people interested we should be able to keep it going.

bear

Postby bear » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Thanks for proving my point Jeff . Deafs ears and once again everyone has to come to you .

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:33 pm

I'm not North or South shore, and it doesn't bother me.

Getting the word out is a good idea, but if the few interested parties are interested in doing something with a show, I'm sure it will take some effort. And people would want to expend the effort to make it happen.

68383 / Dave

MOPAR_AMC_FAN

Postby MOPAR_AMC_FAN » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:29 pm

The way I interpret it, the Northeast part of the name doesn't mean Northeastern MA, but Northeastern New England. We're trying to get anyone that's from a nearby state (but realistically we'll take anyone that wants to join). I don't get it. I joined South Shore Mopars on Facebook and I don't live there. I don't only go to shows that are in the Northeastern part of the state. If you're really into it and/or really want to help the group expand, why would it matter where you're from? I'm a member of the CT AMC club (CTAMO). Do I live in CT? No. Does it matter? Not at all. Maybe I can't hit all the meetings, but at least I participate. I'm thinking that we'd like to have cruise nights all over New England. Going to the track most likely means going to New England Dragway, but we could also have a gathering at any Mopar show or Musclecar show at Lebanon Valley.

Personally, my problem is that if I don't have a car I can take, I don't go. Maybe other people feel like that, too. It's hard to be excited about a show when everyone has a nice car but you. I'm hoping things will be different this year with either the Scamp or some other Mopar or AMC.

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:52 pm

I hear you. My Bee pissed me off and has sat for a year. And if my wheels aren't rolling, I don't go. Right or wrong, that's just me.

68383 / Dave

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:41 pm

bear wrote:Thanks for proving my point Jeff . Deafs ears and once again everyone has to come to you .

I don`t get the "everyone has to come to you" remark? I planned a party at my house like Rick has done for a number of years, I spent my own money to buy food and drinks, printed flyers and invited everyone I ran into with a Mopar. Obviuosly they had to come to me because it was at my house as that was the only place I had to do it, I can`t help it that I live where I live. I would be glad to help with a party or show wherever you guys want one, just tell me where and when? Why don`t you have one at your house then?

Return to “Suggestion Box”