Site Promotion - Lets get some fresh faces around here!

News and Announcements from the Northeast Mighty Mopar Admin Team!
Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Site Promotion - Lets get some fresh faces around here!

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Mon May 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Hey guys,

So, now that the site is running smoothly and we've got this spiffy new forum, I'm thinking the same thing that everyone else is thinking:
Lets get some fresh faces around here!

So, I'd like to outline my plan for my ideas on how we will accomplish that, and I'd like to get your feedback as well.

Here are my ideas for getting more people on the forum:

First, I am in the process of designing a flyer with the site's name, that lists who we are and what we do, along with the web address of the forums. I am going to have a bunch of them printed, and I will mail them individually in packets out to anyone who wants some, and you can pass them through windows at car shows. I have not been to a show yet where this isn't a common practice, so I think this is a good tactic. I will be putting flyers in all the Mopars (and probably some non-Mopars) that I see at the Bass Pro Shops Cruise Night on Thursday night, and at every other show that I hit from now until the end of the season. This is an easy way to get the word out!

Second, I am going to have some business cards printed up with the site name, who we are, what we do, etc. Then I'll mail those out to anyone who wants some to pass out to people you meet/(and most importantly) to put under car windshield wipers. We had some success in the early days of LHForums with this business card approach, we put something like, "Hey, nice car!" at the top and then a description of who we were. These business cards will likely be the same.

Third, and Dave already touched on this point, I want you guys to get out there on the web and start talking about MassMopar! Think of it like this: a simple forum post, wherever you happen to belong to as a member, might tip off several guys that share your common interest in Mopar and are also in New England. This isn't much different than interacting with someone at a car show, or seeing someone with a nice car out on the road and telling them about the site. Yes, some forums they might look down on posting about other forums, but I find that on most it isn't an issue. We're not looking to take members away from their other forums, just to have them join the Mopar madness here as well!

Fourth, I would like to plan a couple of informal meets. Meet up for a little while, eat some good food, talk cars, talk the site, talk whatever, then split if you need to, go take pictures as a group, whatever. I'll get these in motion soon.

Fifth, I'd like to talk about having a show somewhere. Just something small, no trophies, nothing crazy, not necessarily all Mopar (although I'd be open to that if people wanted it to be that way) and something we can put the site's name on. I don't have a lot of connections that would allow me to pull something like this off by myself, but its something to talk about going forward.

Finally, I want some suggestions! These are only the things I've dreamed up lately, so there have to be other ideas in the minds of the members. I want to hear them and I want to make them happen!

So, Mass Mopar members, are we ready to make this place as well traveled as it once was?
I know you're up to the challenge!
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

dge467

Re: Site Promotion - Lets get some fresh faces around here!

Postby dge467 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Some good ideas Ryan! I can help with passing out cards at shows.

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Tue May 14, 2013 9:46 am

Good! I'm designing the flyer as we speak!
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Tue May 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Ryan send the flyer to my email and i will have a few printed out and yes we need a group meeting very soon .i have so much stuff in my head to talk about for this site and how we as a group can grow

ricks_RR

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:54 pm

We'll make it all work. I just wish we could re-attract some of the veterans who helped build up the old site too.
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Speeling mistakes do to iPhone.

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Tue May 14, 2013 3:39 pm

IF WE BUILD IT THEY WILL COME :lol: :lol:

ricks_RR

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Thu May 16, 2013 8:12 pm

I know this is primarily a Mass area site but don`t forget about us NH guys and other surrounding states as that may increase the member count.

MOPAR_AMC_FAN

Postby MOPAR_AMC_FAN » Thu May 16, 2013 9:05 pm

I kind of had an idea, but not sure if I should do it or if it would fly. See, I have a 96 Dodge pickup as one of my daily drivers. I was thinking of having MassMopar.net either painted or stuck onto the sides and back of the bed. We have a painter at work who could do it or we have an in with some sign people that could make up some peel-and-stick signs. Now, I'm not talking the WHOLE side or back of the truck, but some good size letters that could be clearly seen from a couple car lengths away. I'd also have some catch phrase underneath MassMopar.net on the back, something like "A New England based club that speaks everything Mopar. And AMC, too!". Something like that.

Thoughts?

maxwedge-warren

Postby maxwedge-warren » Fri May 17, 2013 7:54 am

Ryan,

When the flyer is done just put it in a post and I will make copies to pass around.
I'm from the deep So. Shore and go to many cruise nights down here and would love to help this place grow.

Warren
2015 Ram Crew Cab
2014 Durango
1964 Dodge Polara 426 max wedge
2007 HD Electra glide

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:09 am

Nice, Warren.
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Speeling mistakes do to iPhone.

Return to “Northeast Mighty Mopar Site News”