My new old Mopar!

Got Mopar Pics and Videos? Post them here!
MOPAR_AMC_FAN

My new old Mopar!

Postby MOPAR_AMC_FAN » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Not sure if anyone else saw this on Craigslist, but I just picked it up. Got a great deal on it. It's a 71 Scamp, 318/auto, green with black top and interior. Best part is, it's factory FJ6 Sassy-Grass green! I love the this color and the combo with the black interior and roof. It needs front fender patches (or just replacement fenders), but otherwise the car is VERY solid. Yes the fenders are a different color. I guess the original owner had them repainted at one time. It doesn't run right now as the owner took the carb off to rebuild it and never finished it. Not sure of the plan for it yet, but I might just put a 4BBL intake and carb on it to run it. So, what do you think?

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Re: My new old Mopar!

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:35 am

Awesome!
Congratulations, Brian!

I LOVE Sassy Grass Green. That's the color I'd like to paint the Dart someday...
It looks great on that Scamp!

The car looks complete and in pretty darn good shape.
With a bit of spit shining and some new wheels, that thing will look like a million bucks!
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

MOPAR_AMC_FAN

Postby MOPAR_AMC_FAN » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks! I'm already hunting down parts. Strange that the guy I bought it from said the original owner had the fenders repainted as I just noticed they're 72 fenders. Wonder if the original pair rotted out of something. Front end doesn't seem to have any damage, but I didn't look TOO hard. I already found some decent 71 fenders, I just need to cut and paste some of my fender onto the ones I found, have them painted, and they should be good to go. The door sticker shows the car was built in Canada. Wondering if this is common. I also found a set of small bolt pattern Cragars with new BFGs on them that I might try to get. First I need to pick the car up and give it a thorough going over, though.

FFEMTC

Postby FFEMTC » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Beautiful car!

I had a 72 Dart that was sold in AZ originally, built in Canada. I think it must have been common to supply the US market with them.

bear

Postby bear » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Look's solid ! What's your plans for it ? Hot rod , cruiser , restore , driver ?

MOPAR_AMC_FAN

Postby MOPAR_AMC_FAN » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Not 100% sure on the plans for it. Right now, the plan is to get it running well and all systems working so I can get a sticker when I put it on the road. After the basic tune-up and such, I'll probably go with duals and maybe headers, maybe a bigger engine down the road. I guess kind of a cruiser/hot rod. Nothing too crazy. Oh, I want to find a relatively inexpensive 8 3/4 with some decent gears. I'd go 8 1/4, but I just got the SBP rallyes, so I'd like to keep the SBP.

moparmike

Postby moparmike » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:55 pm

There's no such thing as a cheap a body 8 3/4.
70 'Cuda|89 Shelby Daytona T-Top|63 Belvedere

Return to “Mopar Pictures and Videos”