why

Just Wanna Chat? This is the place!
MassMopar Moderator

Re: why

Postby 68383 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Bam! Done-

I created the Northeast Mighty Mopar Club Facebook group. It's closed, to help keep out the spammers.

If you frequent Facebook, just request to join. Until then, I guess I'll be talking to myself. Hope this helps.

Speeling mistakes do too iPhone
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Speeling mistakes do to iPhone.

charger528

Postby charger528 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:54 pm

Nice!

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:34 am

Well I already had the facebook page ready to go but was waiting to launch it together with the new site. I really don`t want to create drama here as this is supposed to be a fun hobby and nobody needs that, I guess I`m being too impatient because I really want to get things going and do more events like Ricks as getting together with our mopars is what it`s all about and the season will be over before we know it. After working second shift all week I got up before 6am and drove 1 1/2 hours out of my way to meet in Natcik because it was a convenient time and place for some others so I think I`m am committed to help get this club going in whatever way I can. I f I am being too pushy about it just let me know and I`ll go stand in the corner and keep my mouth shut and let everyone else run things. ;)

As to the lack of posts I`m not sure why it`s been even deader than usual here but I was saving up some stuff for the new site figuring I`d post there so anybody checking it out would see recent activity. I plan on making an effort to post daily and hopefully others can do the same to help the new site take off.

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:14 am

No worries. Let's just keep our foot on the pedal.

5 Facebook members now. Hope folks start posting here and there.

68383 / Dave

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:12 am

that's great but I don't do facebook so I will not be on it sorry

ricks_RR

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:39 am

Dave, even though I figured Ryan had his hands full with the website I would set up and run the Facebook page I appreciate the initiative but we know that trying to get a club going is going to more than just spending a few minutes throwing up a page. We also figured it was best to launch them together to generate interest form both but if you have the time and are willing to put in the effort to promote, update and moniter the page than I`m fine with that. Rick, if you don`t do FB that`s ok as that is the reason for both sites plus handing out flyers etc. as some people don`t goon any websites so the more ways we have to get the word out the better.

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Jeff,

Nobody wants you to stand in a corner.

I want this to all work as a partnership. The website, the Facebook page, etc.

Unfortunately the reality is that I haven't had a lot of time to get the site going yet.
But I am working on it.

I can't seem to join the Facebook page - it can't be found when I search.
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Looks like this is the address:

68383 / Dave

bear

Postby bear » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:06 am

I can understand people being anxious to get this club rolling but you have to understand that these things take time . Especially when your trying to start it right before the season starts . If this is going to work then no one should be sitting in the corner . It's going to take it's members to get the word out and make everyone feel welcomed and let other Mopar enthusiast know what a great club this is and want to be a part of . The face book idea is a good start , Unfortunately I'm not a face book type of guy so I won't be joining that anytime soon . That's why this web site is a good idea as well , for other people like me . I'm more of a hands on guy that's better suited to pass the word in person at car shows , cruise nights and such . As well as on other web sites . Despite this not going as fast as some people would like . You also have to keep in mind that we do also have one other ace in the hole to help make this whole thing work . We have Ryan leading the way . You'd be hard pressed to find a more intelligent , Mopar oriented , caring person to make this work and as bad as some of you really want this . I can guarantee he wants it just as much , if not more . So just give the guy time and lend a hand when and were you can . Remember , he's only one person and he has other obligations as well as a life . And on a final note . To those of you bitching about the lack of activity on this site lately . All I can say is , then post some stuff ! Me personally I haven't posted anything because I ( like Ryan and I'm sure some others ) have been trying to get my ride road ready . So how about some pictures or stories on how your build is going or gone , or maybe even something on some shows or cruise's you've been to ? Anything ! That's just my two cents weather you wanted to hear it or not .

bear

Postby bear » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:16 am

charger528 wrote:I'm on a few forums they all seem to be a little slow right now so don't feel to bad guys good weather has come and people are doing other things. I'm on here all the time I do not post answers to questions I can't answer and have been a bit reluctant to post due to my controversial choice to race a mustang with a Mopar heart oddly enough that heart was in my first muscle mopar and has been the base for every engine in every car I have owned since that same engine has had many lives. I feel that there is still a place here for me and will continue to support you guys and the site I will be sending the Mopar message just in a different way.

Sneke_Eyez do the best you can don't let it get you down My friend and I ran a forum a few yrs ago Northeast American Muscle we had a few meets and used to hang out with the Reckless Racing crew its a lot of work and hard to keep people posting.

Bill

I know I just did a post on this subject but I wanted to address you Bill personally on what you said about being reluctant . Please take this the right way because this is just me and the way I talk ......... So you drive a cross dresser ! That pony still has a Mopar heart and she's got a hell of a pair under her skirt , So as far as I'm concerned , your always welcomed were ever I am . Don't feel reluctant , just keep posting and kick some brand X but . :D

Return to “Shoot the Breeze”