why

Just Wanna Chat? This is the place!
ricks_RR

why

Postby ricks_RR » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:01 pm

why is it not busy on this web site .if we are going to get bigger then something has to happen .I have posted a few things on here in the past few weeks and not a response from a member . to me I will just visit ever few weeks and go to a web site that is active . sorry but I don't see this growing as mighty mopar web site. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ricks_RR

torredcuda

Re: why

Postby torredcuda » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:58 pm

Get a hold of Ryan and see if he`s going to do anything with the new site or not. I`ve been trying to get something going here and was excited about things but don`t seem to be getting anywhere with it and I`ve pretty much given up also.

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:12 pm

Maybe send him a PM?

I gave him some contact info. a few weeks ago for people who were affiliated with Northeast Mighty Mopars. I wonder if he got in touch with them.

Speeling mistakes do too iPhone
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Speeling mistakes do to iPhone.

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:48 am

I was trying to be patient and hoping the new site would be going soon but here`s my rant - I`ve been wanting to see a Mopar club back in the area for a number of years now and my girlfriend Cori nicely :twisted: told me to get off my ass and get it going. So back in mid Febuary I started posting on Mopar forums and facebook sites to see if I could get any interest. I then posted here and had some interest but after a couple days a few people posted that seemed to think it was going to complicate things as Mass Mopar was trying to do the same thing. I didn`t want to splinter things up so we came together and decided to become Northeast Mighty Mopar Club, only problem is Ryan is the webmaster and obviously doesn`t have the time to devote to doing it which is holding things up. I was hoping for the site to up by Ricks party which would have been the peferct time to launch the club but it is now June and we are still going nowhere. Ryan, please don`t take this personal as I understand your time is limited but you also have to understand my and possibly others, frustration. We all want the same thing I think and that is to get together and have a good time with each other and our Mopars but after almost 4 months I`m with Rick and just about giving up and sticking to other Mopar sites and forgetting the club thing - rant over.

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:51 am

I like your girlfriends style GET OFF YOUR A## :o :o :o :o she's a keeper sounds like what Brenda would say to me and tell cori we said hi and was nice meeting her.

ricks_RR

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:17 pm

I don't know what else to say other than I am working on it.
I have been devoting time over the past couple of weeks, bit by bit, to building the new site and am preparing it to launch soon.

I understand impatience, but I can only work with the time I have - a demanding career and a 1969 Satellite wagon that I am desperately trying to finish before GoodGuys on father's day weekend are taking up my time.
I am not sure how to have someone help me complete tasks on the new site or else I would enlist others for help.

It is important to me, but I am only able to operate with the time I have.

I thought we had a productive meeting in April and I still think things can work just fine.

As for why this place isn't more active, I am not sure, I can't explain it at all. I've never been able to explain that phenomenon.

I suggest that if you are feeling impatient, you launch the Facebook page for Northeast Mighty Mopar and begin discussions on there, informing everyone that they can use MassMopar.net for discussions at this time as well.
We had briefly discussed launching that page early and I don't see anything wrong with that.

I made a commitment monetarily by buying the domain and adding on to my existing webhosting package - I wouldn't have done those things if I didn't care about it.

I'm not overjoyed that I'm not done with the site yet. I had hoped to have it launched by June.
I'm also not overjoyed that I have hit snag after snag with the wagon causing me to not be able to drive it, and that my career is being more demanding in this early part of summer than initially expected.
However, such is life, and if I let those things get me down, I'm pretty much a quitter.

As far as contacting others from the old Northeast Mighty Mopar, I haven't yet made the time for that.
I honestly don't get on Facebook very often as it isn't a priority for me and that's the way I need to contact those individuals.
If I sign online at all at home, I'm usually trying to work on the new website or buy parts, not go on Facebook.

As far as me being the only one able to do anything, that isn't what I want at all, I don't have the time for that.
Once the site is live, we will all have to partner to make the club work and to figure out how to make it active.

People did seem excited about Northeast Mighty Mopar.

If you are already giving up now because the website isn't up yet, you're not seeming very committed. We all agreed that this would be a tough thing to get going properly.
The lack of a site might not make it easier, but it doesn't have to kill it before it begins.

So I suggest several of you guys get on Facebook and get it going. Maybe tonight? I can be available to help launch it.
We can make a page for the Northeast Mighty Mopar. Get discussion going. People (not me) just love Facebook and want to connect through it.
It is a fine place to have discussion and post pictures. (I also thought here was a fine place to do all of that, but it isn't active and isn't nemightymopar.com, so try Facebook.)
I'll be able to announce the new site going live here and there.

I'm hoping to be able to do some more work on the site tonight. I'll try to update people on where I'm at with the process after tonight.

I'm always available via PM and email to Sneke_Eyez @ MassMopar.net
I try hard to be a transparent person even if time isn't always my friend. If you want to get in touch with me, do it, don't wonder about things and get down.
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:38 pm

ryan
it takes more then just you .all I am saying is why on this web site is it not more action that's all .
do we have the domain name of the northeast mighty mopars .if so I will start working on a flyer that can be passed out to the mopar family .just let me know if that's what you want me to do.

ricks_RR

charger528

Postby charger528 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm on a few forums they all seem to be a little slow right now so don't feel to bad guys good weather has come and people are doing other things. I'm on here all the time I do not post answers to questions I can't answer and have been a bit reluctant to post due to my controversial choice to race a mustang with a Mopar heart oddly enough that heart was in my first muscle mopar and has been the base for every engine in every car I have owned since that same engine has had many lives. I feel that there is still a place here for me and will continue to support you guys and the site I will be sending the Mopar message just in a different way.

Sneke_Eyez do the best you can don't let it get you down My friend and I ran a forum a few yrs ago Northeast American Muscle we had a few meets and used to hang out with the Reckless Racing crew its a lot of work and hard to keep people posting.

Bill

MassMopar Moderator

why

Postby 68383 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Guys, this might not be too popular to say, but this seems like way too much drama to me. It's almost like one of those Facebook rants.

It'll happen. Just relax and be patient. Give Ryan some space to do what he's got to do. It's not like he's drawing a salary. It's all out of the goodness of his heart and interest in the hobby.

68383 / Dave

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Ryan, when you get some time, that guy, Joel Cooper is via e-mail, not Crackbook.

I'm happy to reach out to him, if it would help.

68383 / Dave

Return to “Shoot the Breeze”