Slim pickings at Stafford!

Just Wanna Chat? This is the place!
torredcuda

Slim pickings at Stafford!

Postby torredcuda » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:35 am

Seemed to be a lot more junk and non-car related crap like lawn mowers and such there and less good ole car parts this time, a lot of empty spaces also. I went with two other guys and we all had money in our pockets and came home with hardly anything! There is never a lot of Mopar stuff there but there was hardly anything this time. Anybody else find anything?

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Re: Slim pickings at Stafford!

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:52 am

I was looking for a few tools: a set of brake flare wrenches to keep at my parents and a pickle fork. Found those, $17 total for everything and the pickle fork is a good solid old school piece.
However, I could have bought both things at Advance down the street from my parents' and continued working on the wagon all day instead.

Some guy had a set of Challenger fenders that were the first Mopar part that I spotted (I don't need them, I don't have a Challenger), and I had my Mopar hat on.
When I started talking about them with my father, the guy got all aggressive with me - "Come on man, buy those, you need them! Sh*t, I'll sell you the whole car! No?! Just one more f*cking tire kicker!" (I hadn't even touched them or asked about them.)
Otherwise, there was literally nothing for old Mopar parts.

There definitely was a lot of junk that I didn't care about, like more junky lawn trimmers than anyone would need, though my dad and I did get kind of a kick looking at some of the old snowblowers.

Next year I'm thinking I'll skip it. I'd rather have been covered in grease working on the wagon - at least I'd be closer to done with my front end project.
That said, it was an absolutely beautiful day.
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

moparmike

Postby moparmike » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:36 am

Me and my friend had been going there every year for the last 25+ years and we haven't gone for the last five now. It's just junk that people can't sell on eBay now. We go to lake compounce because that used to be the only one with good stuff but even that one is getting bad like torredcuda said with non car related junk. Swap meets are on their way out thanks to the Internet.
70 'Cuda|89 Shelby Daytona T-Top|63 Belvedere

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:51 am

Yeah - Carlisle's swap meet is still awesome. I spend all day on Friday covering it as best I can.

Wouldn't it be cool to start a swap meet for Mopar parts somewhere in MA?
Maybe combine it with a show? That's something that might attract some interest...
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:36 pm

I`ve been going to Lake Compounce more the last few years as there is more musclecar and drag racing stuff but I agree since e-bay took off the swap meets have gone down hill. I think also the parts cars have dried up in this area and even /6 Dusters are worth too much to part out.

Return to “Shoot the Breeze”