Mo-stang or Super Mut

Just Wanna Chat? This is the place!
charger528

Re: Mo-stang or Super Mut

Postby charger528 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:28 pm

Its going even further now getting a powerglide with a transbrake to go with it have I left any brand out of the party lol.
what I want to do to the duster is going to take a huge amount of money and time I want to do it the way my dad dreamed it .
I wasn't looking to replace it. just want get my ass racing besides other than the outer shell this is race car there is very little of factory car left its basically a roller skate with a big engine. can you even picture the face on the ford fan when the car he was rooting for all day turns out to have mopower under the hood.

charger528

Postby charger528 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:13 pm

not getting rid of or changing my plans for the Duster but to build it the way my Dad dreamt it is going to take a lot of time and money and I not willing to rush it for sake of my need to go fast and also the deal is so good that I couldn't amass the parts in that car it would cost 3 or 4 times what I'm paying for it.
he sweetened the deal today for a price he included the proglide with transbrake,converter and drive shaft.
besides It's a race car basically a roller skate with a huge engine very little of the original car is left. so it's going to have a chevy trans ,a ford body and a mopar engine and every other part is aftermarket a matter of fact to think of it my engine other than the block and the water pump housing it all after market too.

Superbee500

Postby Superbee500 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:45 pm

Its been done, I say go for it.
Get out and have some fun.

There was a mid ninety's Camaro the kicked ass in the NMCA easy street class with a small block Mopar a few years ago

Kevin

bear

Postby bear » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:09 pm

torredcuda wrote:
bear wrote:This would probably be a good spot to give a confession on my part . I've thought a couple of times about building a cross dresser as well . Mine was a double nickel ( Done Gasser style ) and put a sick big block Mopar drivetrain in it ( Just to go fast and piss off the cheby guys ) . On the truck lid I was going to have a picture of Mr. Good wrench , bound and gaged and hanging by his ankle's , swinging in the breeze . There I admitted it , but don't tell anyone . :lol:

As long as you kick the butt of Vinnys `70 Duster that`s running a small block chevy!

Considering that's a strictly track car and from what I understand running in the 8's and mine would have been basically a street legal race car . I've never been known to back down from a race , so it would have been an interesting match up . Unfortunately this is just a car that I've just thought about building and my project right now isn't a cross dresser , It's all Mopar and once I get it into the 11's I'll be happy and I'll be stopping there .

bear

Postby bear » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:14 pm

Well it sounds like you really want to do this "Charger528" so as long as it's got a Mopar hart under the hood I'll stand behind you and back you up . The only thing I ask is "Kick Butt" ! :D ...... By the way , Would this be considered a MoFo ? :lol:

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:05 pm

bear wrote:
torredcuda wrote:
bear wrote:This would probably be a good spot to give a confession on my part . I've thought a couple of times about building a cross dresser as well . Mine was a double nickel ( Done Gasser style ) and put a sick big block Mopar drivetrain in it ( Just to go fast and piss off the cheby guys ) . On the truck lid I was going to have a picture of Mr. Good wrench , bound and gaged and hanging by his ankle's , swinging in the breeze . There I admitted it , but don't tell anyone . :lol:

As long as you kick the butt of Vinnys `70 Duster that`s running a small block chevy!

Considering that's a strictly track car and from what I understand running in the 8's and mine would have been basically a street legal race car . I've never been known to back down from a race , so it would have been an interesting match up . Unfortunately this is just a car that I've just thought about building and my project right now isn't a cross dresser , It's all Mopar and once I get it into the 11's I'll be happy and I'll be stopping there .

You can still technically beat him in a bracket race.

Dgc333

Postby Dgc333 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:17 pm

With all this Mustang talk I have a confession to make too.

I am looking to trade in my daily driver Focus ST on a 15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium.

The new design really tickles my fancy and a 310HP turbo 4 that gets 30+ mpg is pretty nice. Plus with just a tune the car is in the 12's, add an exhaust, intake and drag radials the car is in the 11's.

stroked340

Postby stroked340 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:38 am

I like those stangs' but I would keep it all Ford..not a fan of "crossbreeds"...

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:42 am

Dgc333 wrote:With all this Mustang talk I have a confession to make too.

I am looking to trade in my daily driver Focus ST on a 15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium.

The new design really tickles my fancy and a 310HP turbo 4 that gets 30+ mpg is pretty nice. Plus with just a tune the car is in the 12's, add an exhaust, intake and drag radials the car is in the 11's.

Ugh, the new Mustang is horribly ugly.

I mean, looks are subjective, but I just think its a particularly bad looking car - its like Ford decided the Fusion needed a coupe version, they took all of the muscle and aggression out of it.
My hometown Ford shop has an Ecoboost Stang and I have looked it all over, up and down, and I just don't understand how anyone thinks that is nice styling.

I actually liked the last generation of Mustang a lot, and the Focus ST still turns my head every time I see one. :o
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:48 am

Since we are all confessing I had an `83 Mustang GT, 5.0 5spd, all black, bought brand new, fun little car. That was before I became all Mopar or no car although I still like other musclecars, ecspecially older Mustangs. If I hadn`t bought my Barracuda back in `82 I was also looking for a `69-70 Mach 1 so I could've ended up a Ford guy!

Return to “Shoot the Breeze”