383 Re build help

Post your Mopar restoration and repair questions and info here!
torredcuda

Re: 383 Re build help

Postby torredcuda » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:17 am

bear wrote:
torredcuda wrote:
Superbee500 wrote:Hey watch the cow hood comments :D

Hey, it`s your car so as long as you like it but for me there are so many cool Mopar style hood scoops that I could never put on a Chevy one!

I was just looking at some pictures of your Cuda . I have to ask . Are those factory Mopar wheels on your car ? I only ask because I thought I saw the same ones on a few GM's this past summer . :D

Maybe, but they were never stock on any Gm that I know of. Aftermarket parts are not brand specific unless they copy an original design. I did paint my buddies Pontiac Lemans Mopar green!

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:18 am

bear wrote:
meangene83 wrote:My car was originally Rallye Red. Not sure I want to go with that color... I guess I should have clarified my statement... I haven't decided on a color for the car. That is why we did the black engine bay.

Dropping off some Magnum 500 wheels tomorrow, going to see what kinda progress they got going on the old gal.
Its also my birthday, I am hoping they have it running when I should up. I don't care if it moves...just wanna rev the engine!

Have you thought about what color other then the red for your car ? Just curious ........... And just wanted to say Happy Birthday and I hope you get to hear her run today . What could be a better birthday gift ! :mrgreen:

If you are going red I suggest Viper red.

bear

Postby bear » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Just bust'in them "torredcuda" . :lol: You just proved what I've always said . You should build it for you and not anyone else . Weather you add a different wheel , a cowl hood , or even ( dare I say ) paint your engine bay black . :D

meangene83

Postby meangene83 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:14 pm

I am thinking of something like this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/333688653616728695/

I want a mix of orange and red. Almost like a Blood Orange Color, more towards the red spectrum but definitly an orange base.

I also really like the hard angled turn on that stripe on this one.

Does anyone know if the PLYMOUTH decal was original to this model year car? Any opinions on that? I am debating that, but leaning towards No.

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:24 pm

I like it but I think I prefer the factory stripe. The Plymouth decal was on the `70 Superbird but I have seen it on your body style before and think it looks good.

bear

Postby bear » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:00 am

The large Plymouth / Dodge decal was a popular thing to put on in the late 70's to early 80's . Way back when there used to be a lot of Runners and Chargers running around here with them on the quarters . I used to work for a place that sold them . On the right car I think it look's pretty good . but then again , I'm kind a old school with stuff like that .

Return to “Restoration & Repair Shop”