teds duster

Post your Mopar restoration and repair questions and info here!
bear

Re: teds duster

Postby bear » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:39 am

Yup , Sounds like a Mopar ! :mrgreen: It's come a long way Mike , Good job ! :D

moparmike

Postby moparmike » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:40 am

Sounds nice, what are you expecting for ET's?
70 'Cuda|89 Shelby Daytona T-Top|63 Belvedere

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:52 am

Awesome, Mike!

That is great!
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

mike360

Postby mike360 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:44 pm

thanks for the kind words guys. it's been a long time coming, but I will deffinetly be racing this year. I'm going to step back and catch my breath for a couple of weeks. got to put an engine in my kids car. then i'll get this thing finished. mike, I'm not sure what to expect for et's. I'd be happy if I got into the low 12's. 11's would be great. either way I'm going to enjoy this. all Ted wanted was a fun car to run at the track, (it's a four speed, how can that not be fun !! ) can't wait make a run.

mike.

mike360

Postby mike360 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:53 pm

so I've been away from this site for way to long. lots of family issues this year. however, I was able to get the duster to the track a few times.( had a few gremlins show up ) first outing was at the nostalgia drags at the sterling airport. had a flooding problem( float stuck secondaries). then went to mopar day at n.e.d.. only got two passes in, missed the second round because the car started to overheat in the staging lane ( had to leave it idling because the starter was acting up). best time was 13.8 102mph. that was falling on its face off the line. ( need practice, its not like the challenger on street tires). last trip was to lebanon valley for test and tune. should have been a great day, only 20 cars, could have got a lot of passes in. made my first run, official at the end of the track gives me the sign that i'm smoking. (rear main seal ended my day, officials not happy). I was pretty frustrated that this newly rebuilt engine would have an oil leak. then it dawned me. the short block was assembled by ted before he passes, I did not want to disturb what he built, I wanted to run his engine. problem was it sat for 6+ years. I'm guessing it got distorted and/or dried out. so ,I pulled the engine made the necessary repairs and should be ready to go. like one of the guys at the track told me, you wont find theses things in the driveway. you got to run them to get the bugs out.

mike.

dge467

Postby dge467 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:14 pm

Saw the car at Mopar Day at NED. Looks good. Yeah, engine's don't like to sit.

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:06 am

good to hear from you mike the car looks good ted is up there watching you and the car I bet he is right beside you going down the track

mike360

Postby mike360 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:07 pm

thanks guys. jeff, your cars looking good to . we need to get some pics. of them together at the track this year. rick , I deffinatly think teds hanging around. some of the things I've done on the car that I wasn't overly confident I could do went way easier that expected. looking forward to working the duster hard this year. then i'll get together with steph and see what she wants to do with it. ( would love to bring it to florida and hand the keys to his son nick)

Return to “Restoration & Repair Shop”