New Northeast Mighty Mopar website is up!

Post anything related to Mopar vehicles here!
torredcuda

Re: New Northeast Mighty Mopar website is up!

Postby torredcuda » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:57 pm

Well it seems I keep coming across looking like a jerk on here but I`m really a nice, easy going guy- but anyway....here`s my perspective of things. I wanted to get a club or something going and after a couple months I finally got Ryan and a couple others to set aside a couple hours for a meeting. I think we all went away thinking positive about the new club and we decided on a new website and facebook page along with planning a show, getting flyers out etc. Ryan committed to getting the new site up "in a couple weeks". It has now been three MONTHS and there has been nothing but waiting around for it with no progress/updates or launch date. Except for a couple "I`m working on it" comments I feel Ryan you are also working in a vacuum. I think whether it`s work, personal life or a hobby if you commit to doing something you either need to get it done or be honest with those involved and admit you can`t commit the time to do it so they can either decide to wait or find someone else to do it. Yes, I went off and with a couple others, started a facebook page and a website and have a show planned as I decided not to wait any longer not knowing if it would get done or when and I`m not one to pester somebody to do something. My hands were tied here as Ryan is admin on this site. That said, I have not promoted my site yet as I am still open to working with you Ryan, and everyone else here but you have to understand my frustration waiting around for things to happen, not sure what else I can say?

MassMopar Moderator

New Northeast Mighty Mopar website is up!

Postby 68383 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:24 pm

I spoke my mind earlier and am in the camp with Bear and Ryan.

It would be one thing if Ryan said, "Yeah, I know I agreed to it, but I changed my mind. I'm actually not interested in doing it." Reality is there was an agreement and he needs some time. Patience is a virtue and, sorry to say, good things come to those who wait.

It took next to no effort for me to create the original MA Mopar Facebook group, or the NEMMC group. And everyone here knew that they were created on Facebook, so I'm not sure why a second NEMMC Facebook group was created. While a small thing in the grand scheme of things, it went against my grain.

So neither action was cool in my book. And honestly, I made up my mind that I had zero interest in anything related to NEMMC, if that's how things were going to be. Sorry, not my style, or my preference, and I'd rather not have the hassle in my life.

I'd like to briefly go back to Ted's philosophy for MA Mopar. It was intended to be a group with really no governance. But we all knew Ted was the leader. Without Ted, a true leader, MA Mopar is what it is today- barely a blip on the radar.

It sounds like NEMMC is intended to be something different- a club. And it feels like there's a bit of a play for the top dog seat. That might not be the intention, but that's my perception. I'm not making a statement about something that has definitively happened. I'm just describing how I feel, based on recent events.

So what happens next? I say, first and foremost, everyone should be big boys and mend fences. Then create a plan, do the forum site right, then execute the plan.

If NEMMC starts with only four people, so be it. I'm sure it will grow if strategic plans are in place. But if it's not a coordinated effort, I think success will be limited, like MA Mopar.

Speeling mistakes do too iPhone
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Speeling mistakes do to iPhone.

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:10 pm

There was an agreement but part of that is to have it done in a timely manner. We agreed at the meeting that the club,website and facebook page should be launched at the same time for best exposure, I had already created the facebook page and had it ready and waiting to launch when before you went and did yours ( without telling anyone until after it was up). I am actually way more comfortable in a supporting role and don`t really care to be a leader here but I felt the need to take the reigns because notjhng was getting done otherwise. I have no ill felling towards anybody here and agree we need to work together to make this as success, I`m sure we can move forward and do jus that, we had a plan we just need to keep working int hat direction. More info/dialog from all of us will help.

Superbee500

Postby Superbee500 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:56 pm

68383 wrote:I spoke my mind earlier and am in the camp with Bear and Ryan.

It would be one thing if Ryan said, "Yeah, I know I agreed to it, but I changed my mind. I'm actually not interested in doing it." Reality is there was an agreement and he needs some time. Patience is a virtue and, sorry to say, good things come to those who wait.

It took next to no effort for me to create the original MA Mopar Facebook group, or the NEMMC group. And everyone here knew that they were created on Facebook, so I'm not sure why a second NEMMC Facebook group was created. While a small thing in the grand scheme of things, it went against my grain.

So neither action was cool in my book. And honestly, I made up my mind that I had zero interest in anything related to NEMMC, if that's how things were going to be. Sorry, not my style, or my preference, and I'd rather not have the hassle in my life.

I'd like to briefly go back to Ted's philosophy for MA Mopar. It was intended to be a group with really no governance. But we all knew Ted was the leader. Without Ted, a true leader, MA Mopar is what it is today- barely a blip on the radar.

It sounds like NEMMC is intended to be something different- a club. And it feels like there's a bit of a play for the top dog seat. That might not be the intention, but that's my perception. I'm not making a statement about something that has definitively happened. I'm just describing how I feel, based on recent events.

So what happens next? I say, first and foremost, everyone should be big boys and mend fences. Then create a plan, do the forum site right, then execute the plan.

If NEMMC starts with only four people, so be it. I'm sure it will grow if strategic plans are in place. But if it's not a coordinated effort, I think success will be limited, like MA Mopar.

First off 2 things
Dave well said, second Jeff I don't think you are coming off like a jerk.

I have not posted on this subject for this exact reason, I have been involved in several car clubs over the years including North East Mighty Mopars.
I even tried starting one with a bunch of guys from Riley's, it failed miserably because no one could agree on a logo amongst many other things most of which seem very unimportant looking back .

what you are trying to do is difficult everyone has different schedules, commitments and responsibilities. Jeff you are motivated and have some time, nothing wrong with that, Ryan you have said you work a lot of hours and go to school, Dave you and I are in the same boat kids and travel a lot for work. I would love to be more involved but I cant get time to take my firkin car out let alone go to meetings. I haven't had time to post pic's of my latest project on the Bee or my Carlisle pic's.

This area needs a Mopar car club, there are so many nice cars around MA, NH and RI it amazes me we don't have one. I think the biggest thing Ted did right was to keep things loose, if you could make an event great if you couldn't that's ok to.

I think everyone needs to just take a deep breath and think about this, Jeff if you have the time take the lead.
I cant commit to a bunch of time but ,I will help any way I can.

It would be a shame to see this all go away.

Just my thoughts, add your opinions

Kevin

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:29 pm

I think everyone's intentions are good. Let's just do it in a way where people can contribute to the degree they are able and willing to, and where no one feels left out, put out, or left behind.

68383 / Dave

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:21 am

I'm disappointed that lack of leadership is what's perceived to have been the problem at Mass Mopar.
I thought I was doing a halfway decent job the first couple of years - but my efforts fell on deaf ears, people didn't post and didn't pay attention.
Maybe that is because this was Ted's site and trying to have me take over just didn't work out well based on my current amount of time and energy to devote to the site.

As for working together, Jeff, I'm up for that, but we've just gotta have some communication.
I'm not stupid, I know it has been three months since I committed to building the forum. The wagon has been the biggest hurdle to the site-building process, its constant need for attention has dragged my entire summer down.

I will begin working on the site hardcore tonight. I am headed to Chatham this weekend and should have some time to devote to working on it there as well.
With all things going at least decently, I should be able to have something up and running next week based on already-completed progress.

Then we can move forward.

I appreciate vows of support and I look forward to working with everyone to make NEMMC work properly and be more successful than MA Mopar. That's really all I'm seeking.
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Ryan, it's not a knock against you. It was Ted's group. He was the boss. IMO, the site wasn't what made it successful when Ted was around. It was a small community of guys that was connected. People got together and it was organized by his vision.

It just didn't take off that way after he left us for the big drag strip in the sky.

No worries. We learn and move on.

68383 / Dave

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:17 am

I'm ok with it. Not with the lack of traffic, with the idea that Ted was the connecting fiber.

New site is being tested and unfortunately has run into a bug of some sort.
Will continue to work on the issue tonight or tomorrow night. If resolved, site will be ready for all information from here to be flipped onto it in the next couple of days.
Wednesday night I have a work function and Thursday night is the Bass Pro Shop Cruise at Gillette. Looking at perhaps Friday night if everything goes perfectly and I can resolve the issues, but will keep everyone informed.
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:44 pm

So shoot for the weekend.

68383 / Dave

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:00 pm

How goes it?

68383 / Dave

Return to “Mopar Car Talk”