New Northeast Mighty Mopar website is up!

Post anything related to Mopar vehicles here!
torredcuda

New Northeast Mighty Mopar website is up!

Postby torredcuda » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:04 am

We are moving forward! Myself and a couple other members have decided to get things going in a new direction forming the Northeast Mighty Mopar Club. We have a facebook page already going and just put up a website.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northeas ... page_panel

http://nemmc.forumotion.com/

I honestly hope this doesn`t splinter the group as my intention with this has been and still is to try and get the Mopars and people in the area together to help each other with projects and meet up and have some fun but I felt the need to get things going. If I am allowed and still welcome here I will still be on and keep active but I hope you will all register on the new site and I plan on working hard to get it going and keep it active but we all need to participate to do that. We also have an all Mopar show planned and will talk to the dragway about doing a show on Mopar day as well as other get togethers.

Jeff

MassMopar Moderator

Re: New Northeast Mighty Mopar website is up!

Postby 68383 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Good for you. I understand having passion to get things going, but this feels like things were done in a vacuum.

Guess I'll take down that other interim Facebook group, since there's no point.

Hope it all works well.

Speeling mistakes do too iPhone
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Speeling mistakes do to iPhone.

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:27 am

Not sure what you mean by vacuum? I tried to get people involved and get a meeting together and afterwards keep everyone informed ( maybe I could`ve done better at that) about what we discussed. I understand life is busy but only 4 of us showed up and no one else has really stepped forward to offer to get involved or help out. I decided to move forward with things because if I waited any longer the summer would be over and we`d be planning for next year but I really wanted to do a few events this year so that is why Ijust did it. If oyu or anyone wants to help get the club going it will more than welcome, making/passing out flyers, help planning or working the shows or anything you can do will be appreciated just let me or other members know. Again, I`d like to move forward so I`ll be working on the new site and FB page - hope everyone joins in, thanks.

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm really not interested in getting into it here. Other than this-

1. I acknowledge that only a few people showed up at the meeting. I was not one of them.

2. Everyone's aware of Ryan's intentions and time constraints.

3. I created the interim Facebook group. I took action because there seemed like a lot of talk at that point.

4. I think more communication would have been a good thing.

68383 / Dave

torredcuda

Postby torredcuda » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:54 pm

I want to move forward not rehash old news but we did explain what we intended to do and anyone was welcome to ask questions or make suggestions and has had plenty of time to do so.

"Well all, Mass Mopar is changing.

After a positive, productive meeting on Saturday, April 18, 2015, a group of us decided that MassMopar needs to be revamped in hopes of becoming a more active group, increasing membership, and accomplishing some of the goals that we all have for it.

Therefore, we are bringing back a name you may recognize: Northeast Mighty Mopar!

As some of you may know, Northeast Mighty Mopar was a relatively active club that stopped roughly 15-20 years ago.
The club had a newsletter each month and did an excellent job of outreach on the Mopar hobby during the time when the internet wasn't the way everyone accessed information.
There were state chapters and chapter heads and numerous Northeast Mighty Mopar sponsored shows.

I have explored all possible options of contacting the gentleman, Paul, who started and ran Northeast Mighty Mopar in the past and have been unsuccessful.
If anyone knows him or has contact info for him that they know to work, please let me know.
I have the name and phone number of a gentleman named Ray who I will attempt to contact soon regarding the club, but that is the extent of what I have for contact information for former leaders.

In the next couple of weeks, I will be migrating this forum and the information contained on it to northeastmightymopar.com, a domain name which I just purchased.
This will allow MassMopar to be reborn under a stronger, more familiar name that encompasses a larger area.
At the current time, the plan is to migrate all existing usernames, passwords, and forum information to the new site.
Once the new site has been set up, massmopar.net will redirect to northeastmightymopar.com, but I will keep everyone informed about what is happening and when.
I will likely send a reverse email to all members of the MassMopar site regarding the change.

Under the Northeast Mighty Mopar name, we will be planning the following "sponsored" events, all subject to change or be added to:

New England Dragway's Mopar Day on September 19, 2015.
An All Mopar Show during the summer of 2015, perhaps in Sterling, MA at the 228, as Rick has generously offered several times.
Cruises to be planned (we're probably looking at a fall cruise at this point).
Group attendance at some of the larger Cruise Nights.

We will also begin with designing typical items to help show off the club and our Mopar hobby:
T-Shirts, Stickers, Hats, etc.

We will work toward Facebook integration and will have an active Facebook page to help bring people who aren't interested in signing up on a forum into the club and out to group outings.
Eventually, we may have a monthly newsletter distributed via email.

I know that some may question the change, but the general feeling is that MassMopar wasn't working because it didn't have an active enough user base.
This is an attempt to change that and to work toward the vision that I originally had when I decided to help bring MassMopar back:
an active group of people who were interested in making sure New England was a place for all things Mopar!"

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:13 pm

I get it, and can read.

Just think it could have been done differently so some people didn't waste time, effort or resources.

Although I'm a Mopar guy, I'm Audi on this topic.

68383 / Dave

bear

Postby bear » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:46 am

Personally , I'd like to hear what Ryan has to say . After all he is the back bone of MassMo and the revised MightyMopar .

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:25 am

The MA Mopar and NEMMC Facebook pages that I had created are officially down.

68383 / Dave

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:57 pm

Well, this seems like kind of a crappy thing, now doesn't it?

You've got my contact info, you know I bought northeastmightymopar.com, you know I'm working on the new forum, and you build one using free software and hosting and put it up without telling me?

And to boot, you did it while I was at Carlisle - I couldn't have known you were doing it unless I was checking in constantly on my phone and not looking at the thousands of sweet Mopars in front of me.

I've worked pretty hard on this place, tried to make it work, been bummed when it didn't, tried to put some effort into changing things to make it better, and now feel like it was a bit of a waste.

I'm not upset that you did this so much as I am bummed that you did it without talking to anyone about it at all.
I'm not sure that that is a recipe for success unless you plan on running it in a vacuum?
I see only two others signed up over there. Not even the 4 of us that were at the original meeting.

I know I was keeping everyone waiting, but I've said it several times - if you are interested in getting things going, do it on here first, this place is running fine and will be flipped onto northeast mighty mopar once it is finished.
I will have things finished being built and up hopefully in the next couple of weeks at northeastmightymopar.com.

This won't work out all that well for you if I open a website at northeastmightymopar.com, will it? How can we have two clubs with the same name?

I have to be honest, it is tough to care about this whole thing when people can't have patience to be able to let me build the forums and open them up properly.
As if it doesn't suck enough that this place didn't exactly take off after all of my hard work originally, it kind of sucks to have one of the guys who said he wanted to push this new club concept be working against me.

I'd rather work together, than against each other, Jeff. We've met, you're a nice guy, I'm a nice guy, we've established that we have the same goals, let's maybe communicate a bit?
I'd be happy to give you my cell phone number and you have my email address (Sneke_Eyez@massmopar.net).

Personally, I don't know that I'm the backbone of this forum or any other. I am a busy person. Sometimes so much that it is to my detriment.
I consider all of the other members to be the backbone, and if they aren't interested in my contributions or in waiting for me to finish the new forum, then I will bow out and move on with life.
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

bear

Postby bear » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:45 pm

I'll keep this short ( For a change ) I'll stand by Ryan 110 % . Period !

Return to “Mopar Car Talk”