NE1 interestd in helping get a club going?

Post anything related to Mopar vehicles here!
MassMopar Moderator

Re: NE1 interestd in helping get a club going?

Postby 68383 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Well, a handful of us had a good time at Jillian's today. Thanks, guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Speeling mistakes do to iPhone.

ricks_RR

Postby ricks_RR » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:31 am

hi everyone
yes it was good to see you guys we need to get art on here .the kids had a good time .who was the guy giving the boys all the point cards to play the games that awesome of him .
time and money is always a problem but we only have one life to live and we don't drive boring cars so WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER MORE. not just as a club but as friends that is the best part of this .
in this hobby I have met a lot of great people and it has made my life better with that being said ( life is to short not to have fun )so get in the cars and go to events that are fun .
harry always great to see you and your son you too need to go to the car shows in greenfield mass I will give you the dates .mike Johnson loves to go mudding and rock climbing so I think you will have fun meeting those guys out in greenfield .
68383 your son is getting big and grad you brought him good to see parents doing things with the kids.
well I think we need to get together soon and start talking about having a show as a club on where and how to make it happen .ONLY IF THE CLUB WANTS THAT TO HAPPEN.

ricks_RR

MassMopar Moderator

NE1 interestd in helping get a club going?

Postby 68383 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:27 pm

I've given the show topic some thought.

I'm much more of a cruise / cruise in kind of guy. It's much more low key, less stress, and less coordination. At least that's my impression.

Would it be worthwhile to organize a few cruises / cruise ins, have members attend NED Mopar Day together, and see where that goes in terms of getting our name out there / more interest?

Once we see how that goes (people being willing, turnout, enthusiasm, etc.) we could determine if shows are something we'd like to tackle.

And I'm very much in favor of a few get-togethers each year. Good idea!

68383 / Dave

dge467

Postby dge467 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Sounded like a great time! Wish I could have made it. I am finally getting over a bout of pneumonia. I would like to see some get together's this year. NED would be a cool place to meet up. Their Mopar show needs help!

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:32 pm

Agreed, Jeff!

Dave / 68383

Speeling mistakes due to iPhone
68383 / Dave

moparmike

Postby moparmike » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:38 pm

68383 wrote:I've given the show topic some thought.

I'm much more of a cruise / cruise in kind of guy. It's much more low key, less stress, and less coordination. At least that's my impression.

Would it be worthwhile to organize a few cruises / cruise ins, have members attend NED Mopar Day together, and see where that goes in terms of getting our name out there / more interest?

Once we see how that goes (people being willing, turnout, enthusiasm, etc.) we could determine if shows are something we'd like to tackle.

And I'm very much in favor of a few get-togethers each year. Good idea!

I totally agree I would also like to add possibly a rod run too. I know they require a bit of planning as far as the route goes but they can be a good time.
70 'Cuda|89 Shelby Daytona T-Top|63 Belvedere

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:05 am

I'm glad that everyone had a good time at Jillian's!
I'm sorry that I could not be there.

I am still working on getting my hands on a car to drive regularly.
Mine is being fixed, it just barely squeaked by being totaled with almost $4,000 worth of damage, but I'm not sure if I will have it back until the end of next week sometime at the earliest.

mike360 wrote:hey guys, I haven't been on line for some time now. work 12 hours a day then come home and shovel snow is getting old. so I don't get on the computer much. any way, this post got my attention. I like the idea of having several get togethers during the season. biggest problem is time. i'll bet a lot of you are like me, I sit at work during the off season and plan all these functions I'm going to attend. then reality happens and the weekends get short and summer flies by. even in the off season I took a weeks vacation to work on teds duster. sorry for the rant, It just sucks how little time there is to do the thinks you love. that being said I will be having a get together at my place this summer ( haven't got a date yet) but I can fit 50 cars in my back yard. if rick has his and his buddy in greenfield, that covers a lot of area ( western ,central, ma. and southern nh.) add a couple out in eastern ma. and we have at least one get together that should be close to everybody. I agree we need to show up at a major show in new England and promote the club ( maybe the goodguys event in june ).

mike.

I absolutely feel this way 100%. I work hard during the winter and try to plan to do things during the summer, but work and life catch up to me during the summer and the next thing I know I'm working late one night of a cruise and going to a family function the next.

My intention is to plan better and stick to those plans throughout the summer as best that I can, not let myself get distracted by other things.
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

stroked340

Postby stroked340 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Should deffinately look into New England dragway mopar day..not into the cruise/show thing been there done that..more into doing what these cars were built for racing.. :D

Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin
Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:39 am

Alright, everyone, I'm back in action with a daily driver as of tonight - my Special has been down a month and it is finally back.
Having a car with limited production parts is a real painful experience sometimes - it has resulted in a lot more temporary borrowing of cars than I'd have liked.

When and where would people like to get together to discuss this?
I can host in Dedham or in North Brookfield, or I can drive to meet somewhere, or I can find a venue in Worcester or maybe Natick (seems kind of central to Central MA, NH, Boston and accessible by a bunch of major routes) for us to meet.

New England Dragway's "Mopar Madness" day is Saturday, September 19th, when they will also have the Top Dragster, Top Sportsman, and Test & Tune classes.
It doesn't look to me like anyone has an event scheduled for that day on here - only the next day, Sunday, September 20th is busy with Mopars on the Street in Greenfield at b7-70's house.
The only thing is that I'd like to have an idea of what we're calling ourselves when I sign up to sponsor the NED Mopar Madness.
I will give them a call today or Monday to try to discuss sponsorship of it and what that would entail.
Ryan - Northeast Mighty Mopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe | 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi

MassMopar Moderator

Postby 68383 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:59 am

I say just go with the current group name. That's our current identity.

Speeling mistakes do too iPhone
68383 / Dave

Return to “Mopar Car Talk”